We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, employees and suppliers, so this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. By personal information, we mean your name, email address, phone numbers, and the company you work for.
1) What information do we collect?
Customers: We hold business-related data on you which is either collected through your use of our online booking system or given to us when you have made a reservation or filled out one of our contact cards to give us permission to send you electronic newsletters and keep you informed about Haywards news and events.
Employees: We hold information such as your name, address, contact details, CV, salary, job title, bank details, National Insurance details, emergency contact information and occasionally medical information. This is business-related data which is directly linked to your employment with Haywards and it is information you have given to us (in person/over the phone/by email) at the start of or during your employment with us. This data will be retained for 6 years after your employment with us comes to an end as is required by law.
Suppliers: We hold business-related data such as contact details, employee names and telephone numbers, email addresses and bank details. This is information that you have provided to us at the start of or during our contract/relationship with you.
Data collected through the website:
- We collect basic information such as name, telephone number and email address for the purposes of making a reservation or for the request of a gift voucher.
- Credit or debit card details are taken using our reservation system Opentable and are stored securely in Opentable’s credit card vault, they are not visible and they are password protected.
- We do not collect your IP address to identify or track you.
Data given to us by you, our customers, either in person, by email or over the phone:
- We collect basic information such as name, telephone number and email address for the purposes of making a reservation or enquiry or requesting a gift voucher or further information.
- We note reservation specific information that is appropriate for us to provide you with the correct service and experience such as dietary and allergy information.
- Credit or debit card details are never taken by email but are taken over the phone or in person. They are stored on our reservation system provided by Opentable and are stored securely, they are not visible and they are password protected.
- Your contact details provided to us when you consent to us sending you updates.
2) How we use your information
Personal information will be used for the purposes outlined below. We will not provide your personal information to any third parties, unless obliged (see 5) Disclosures).
We may use your personal information to:
- Send electronic newsletters and information on events and promotions or general news which we think may be of interest to you and which you have consented to receive, by email or similar technology.
- Communicate with you regarding your reservation, event or gift voucher request.
- Communicate with you regarding your employment with us.
- Communicate with you regarding our use of your products or services.
3) Website use
- a) Third party websites
- b) Our own website
We only collect data via our website as described above so when you request a gift voucher or make a reservation online.
4) Social Media
We use, or may use in the future, social media plugin functionality such as Facebook (Like and
Share buttons), their policy is listed here http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
We also use Twitter (Retweet and Tweet buttons), their policy is listed here: http://twitter.com/privacy.
- If required to do so by law or in connection with any legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
6) Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store any personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers or within locked offices/cabinets.
- Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. When using the website, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for any passwords.
7) Policy amendments